Each So Pretty piece of jewelry is made lovingly by hand at our hand picked studios in Jaipur.
With up to sixteen diligent steps a great amount of work and passion goes into handcrafting each piece of fine jewelry.
Throughout Cara's journey of sourcing gemstones and fine metals and traveling to shows around the world she met the talented artisans of Jaipur and fell in love with the quality of their work and the family run studios passed down through the generations.
With its rich history in gem cutting, goldsmiths and stunning semi precious stones Jaipur, India is the perfect fit for the So Pretty production. It is here where Cara's original sketches and jewelry designs come to life.
16 Loving Steps
We have an obsessive attention to the details and love sharing how our modern jewelry pieces are made.
1. Cara sketches out each piece of jewelry.
2. A wax mold is created.
3. Plaster is poured over the wax mold.
4. Plaster with wax mold is oven dried.
5. The wax and plaster mold is fired to burn out the wax.
6. Molten precious metal is poured into the mold.
7. Cold water is used to release the mold to reveal the rough piece.
8. Rough gemstones are cut (this is called soaring).
9. The gems are dropped (attached to sticks with wax).
10. The gems are hand cut using the drop-sticks on a wheel.
11. The facets of each gem are again created by hand on a wheel.
12. Beads are made by drilling holes by hand into each one.
13. Each piece of jewelry is filed to soften the edges.
14. Stones are set by hand into each piece of jewelry.
15. Final polishing.
16. Gold plating.
We look forward to sharing more of the design and production process with you through our blog and social media.